Are you waiting for the 1st to begin obtaining your goals? I am…not! New Year’s Resolutions are a joke! I believe it’s ridiculous to have them only because it’s the “thing” to do. It’s the norm around the last few weeks of December to start to thinking about New Year’s Resolutions. Does it amaze you that the gym is packed the 1st weeks in January and then goes back to the normal flow of people? Many of us set goals for the 1st, but are you only doing it to have something to talk about? Is it so you have a topic for conversion? If your goals are genuine, are you accomplishing them? I always get what I want and I’ll tell you how you can too. I share my goals below and walk you through my excuses and mindset.
My Business Goals:
- Work on scaling my business and hitting my financial goals.
- Optimize and automate our systems for rapid growth
My Personal Goals:
- To put on 10 lbs of lean muscle and lose 5 lbs of fat.
- Become an apprentice at Inspiracion Dance –> Please support their non for profit (501(c)3) here.
- Launch my dance app
You need to believe that you can have whatever you want. It’s all about mindset! I’ve never built an app, but that does not stop me. You do not need to know the exact blueprint to obtain your goal. Although, wouldn’t it be awesome if you had a blueprint for your entire life and you could just follow it? HELL NO! That would be boring. I would burn it. Just figure out the 1st step and as you progress in the 1st stage, you will figure out the next step.
Potential excuses and my mindset with launching my dance app:
|I’m not a developer.||——–> I can find someone who is.|
|I’m not a professional dancer.||——–> I don’t need to be one and if I need feedback from one, I can hire one.|
|I’m not a designer.||———> I can use a pen and paper to draw out my vision and pass it to a designer.|
|I’ve never made an app.||———> This is will fun experiment. I’ll learn how to build an app.|
|What if no one downloads it?||———> Not possible! I already have a good size email list of potential users I collected.|
|I don’t have money to start this.||———> I don’t need money! Make sure to subscribe and I will walk you through the entire process of how I will build this app with little to no money!|
|What if I fail?||———> This is possible, but I doubt it. I have all the resources I need to make it work (hint: Google).|
Excuses are crap! The list goes on and on. If you want something, you’ll figure out how to make it happen. Make sure to subscribe to this blog and I will share my entire progress on how I build this app.
What you should do next:
- Write down your goals or resolutions. Pick 1 or 2 and make sure they are detailed.
- Make a list of all your excuses and challenge yourself to write a new mindset next to it like I did above.
- Post your goals on social media, post them on your fridge and share them in the comments below! Make your goals public so you are held accountable.
- Now, breakdown the goal into mini goals. I use Trello for this.
- Add your mini-tasks to your calendar. This works better than having it on your to-do list.
- Get an accountability buddy. Ideally someone who has similar goals. Call each other once a week and make sure you push each other to get what you want.
P.S. I’ll be taking a 30-day social media detox soon; however, I will continue to write. Make sure to subscribe here.